"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ART/climbing


I'm writing this from a cafe that's a 15 minute walk from my apartment. It's a lovely place. The young folk who work here are friendly, and the coffee is organic, sustainable and tasty. Um, did I say coffee? Yup, I sure did. After moving to Boston I fell off the no-coffee wagon and now enjoy a cup every morning. Maybe that's the real reason why I've been in this unstoppable good mood! (insert flashy winking emoticon here). A good friend of mine said to me once, "I like you better when you drink coffee."


For the past week my body has been craving hard physical work. I get a lot of exercise daily. I walk everywhere I go. I practice yoga. I dance. I dry brush--a lot of work if you do the way I do it. But my body has been craving more. So. Yesterday, I dragged a friend of mine to the rock climbing gym. I could only climb for about an hour before my arms were like jelly and I had blisters all over my hands. But wow, so much fun! Today I am wicked sore. I love it and can't wait to go again.


I'm still creating a piece of art everyday. It's been an amazing process, which continually reveals hidden and unknown parts of myself. Most of the art I create is collage, but I've also been into drawing, doodling, scribbling and painting. Believe it or not scribbling takes practice. A lot of my art this year has been about affirming my intentions to create more art, keep my heart open, recognize vulnerability as my strength and beauty, and to value my experience whatever that experience is.


I'd love to hear from you. Keep me posted on all the exciting things that are happening and how things are progressing for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you