"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EAT/right



Eating Experiment:


I started this new diet, which is basically that I can eat anything I want and as much of it as I want. Sounds pretty good right? Let me back up. A couple weeks ago I got an email from a friend with a link to this program put on by Whole Foods called Health Starts Here. First, I'm not really a dieter. I'm more of an experimenter on different ways of eating or not eating. I'm always exploring different ways that I can eat healthier and feel better. So out of curiosity I clicked on the link and signed up for the 28 day Eat Right America Challenge (information is below).


I receive one email a day telling me what the next step is. I'm really getting a lot of out it. But like most things, I read the information and I take my time integrating it into my life (and make up my own rules). What I like about this program is that it's not dogmatic and it's not complicated. It's clear and simple information that can be incorporated into your life, and it gives lots of delicious recipes.


In the past I've always experimented from the place of elimination-- no sugar, no dairy, no caffeine, no meat, no wheat, no carbs, no blah blah blah. This time I'm experimenting with not giving up anything. Here's what I've come up with: I can eat anything I want and as much of it as I want as long as I eat everything that my body requires daily-- greens, grains, beans, veggies, liquid, etc.. This program actually graphs out how much of each category your body needs. I've been doing it for a week now and I feel great so far. I haven't had pizza once not because I'm not allowed to have it but because my cravings for pizza have gone away, which for those of you who know me know that this is just shy of a flippin miracle.


Let me know if you sign up for it and how it goes. I will keep you informed on my progress, as well.


Health Starts Here program at Whole Foods

Enter this code: CERAFLTPA

www.eatrightamericachalleng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you