"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

WATER/color


For Christmas Doug bought me a beautiful bound book of handmade watercolor paper.  At first I was intimidated.  When I was younger I did a lot of watercolor.  I've thought about doing it again.  Year after year went by.  Over time I got rid of the paints, the brushes and the paper.  Doug's gift inspired me to start again.  I bought some watercolor and brushes.  I opened the page, and, after a mini-anxiety attack, I grabbed a lemon from the fruit bowl and started painting.  I was immediately happy to be putting paint on the page without any judgement or need to get it right.  It's my goal this year to fill up this book with experiments in watercolor.  I leave all judgements and unnecessary criticisms behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you