"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PORTLAND/oregon


Almost a year ago I moved to Easton Mountain.  I was just going to be there for a summer, but after having an amazing summer of love, revelation and frolic I wasn't quite ready to leave.  I extended my stay til October, then December, then finally decided to just make it a full year.  As the year mark approached I wondered where I would go.  Brooklyn? Kripalu?  But then...

...after much debate and carrying-on Doug and I threw a dart at the map, and it landed on Portland, Oregon, which is where we are right now for a visit.

It only took a few days before we found a very cute apartement in the NW District of Portland with views of snowcapped mountains!!  We signed the lease today. We head back to New York tomorrow and return to Portland full-time on March 22nd, which is right after my Anatomy of Movement Weekend workshop in Tampa.

Everyone who lives here or has been to Portland says the same thing: everyone here is laid back and friendly. I believed them, but also couldn't believe that such a place really exsisted.  That is, until now.  Wow.  This place really is as awesome as everyone says.

I have taken a couple of excellent yoga classes on this visit, and plan to resume teaching yoga full-time upon returning.

Come visit Portland. You already have a friend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you