"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Thursday, February 2, 2012

ROGER WRITES | Get Outside


I woke from a nap this afternoon feeling sluggish, unmotivated and downright stuck.  Doug suggested a walk outside.  In my head I thought: I don't want to go for a walk.  I'm tired.  Leave me alone.  I just want to stay in bed and be lazy and sulk about nothing.  I said simply and reluctantly: sure.  I put on my coat, shoes and hat, and we hit the trail for a walk around the pond.

Literally 2 minutes on the trail and I felt amazing. It's been relatively mild here this winter.  There's no snow on the ground.  In fact, there's mostly just a whole lot of mud.  Still, the radiance of nature and the freshness in the air enlivened me.  There were mushrooms and moss, logs and trees, and the pond-- full of ripples and reflections.  There are a thousand things I could write about just from a walk around the pond.  I mean, there was the sky and the orange clouds that hung suspended over the mountain as if in disbelief that the sky could be so clear, and endless.

Get outside everyday.  Move your body.  Look around you and see things from a new perspective.  If you live in the city find a park.  If you live in a park take a trip to the city.  Make every attempt you can to get unstuck from the daily patterns that keep you from being fully, unabashedly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you