"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ROGER WRITES | 30 Day Challenge


My 30 day photo challenge is coming to an end.  A week before I started this commitment,  I took myself out on a date to take pictures.  I was looking to be inspired and to boost my stock pile of photos for my newsletter and blog.   Well, I came home from my date with my head hung low.  I had snapped 3 or 4 humdrum images.   A few days later I came across the 30 Day Challenge video, and I knew instantly that it was going to be a picture-a-day.

Even though the daily undertaking of snapping and posting one picture was simple, it had a great impact on me.  Every picture that I took was consciously taken.  I can look back at each photo and remember where I was, what I was doing, and in some cases, what I was actually thinking.  There were days when it was the first thing I thought of in the morning, and some days I didn't post until almost midnight!  What I realized is that it didn't matter where I was.  I could find inspiration in my very own living room, in a restaurant, out on a walk, anywhere.  Oh, and I took a lot of bad photos.  That's just part of it.  I took more photos this past month then I have all year.

I know that many of you committed to the 30 day challenge, as well.  The variety of commitments was astounding. Several people chose to dance.  Doug has been posting his dance videos on Facebook every day.  I would love to hear how the experience was for you.  Let me know if you are going to start or do another one next month.

I'm already excited about my next 30 day challenge, which will start June 1st:  One muscle a day for 30 days!  I've always wanted to learn more about muscles -- their names, function, etc..  My intention is to select a muscle first thing in the morning, and then throughout the day pay attention to how I'm using it.

If you'd like to join me for this make sure you "like" the Sacred Tremor Facebook page, and check in daily.  I will post the muscle-of-the-day in the morning.  Together, we can think and learn about them all day long!

Make sure you watch the TED talk on the Three Brains.  It gives a scientific explanation of something yogis have known for thousands of years.  It also reveals how activities like the 30 day challenge do, in fact, re-wire the brain and shape how our mind views and experiences the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you