"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

EASTON/parade

I've been at Easton Mountain for a little over two weeks now. Holy Moly! It's been amazing. Yesterday I was hanging out with the volunteers. One thing led to the next and we ended up back at my place trying on costumes and planning a parade to put on for the residents. We had a blast mixing and matching costume pieces and finding just the perfect accessories. What's amazing is that all the costume pieces you see above came from the unicorn box I brought with me all the way from Tampa!!

We got together today before dinner and got ready for our parade. A couple of the volunteers made a float. We went out into th garden and frolicked for a while. The blue sky and warm sun were the backdrop to this absolutely magical moment in time. When the dinner bell rang we knew it was time to start the parade. We danced and flittered our way down the hill where Tim Roger's was unknowling waiting for the float to pick him up. I put together a quick little movie of the parade, which you can watch below.

Tim spent a year here at Easton Mountain. Tonight was his farewell dinner to honor his dedication and service to Easton Mountain. It certainly won't be the same here without him.

The other day I was passing football with friends. Yesterday I climbed trees and sat in the treehouse. Today I was part of a spontaneous parade. I guess this is what Thoreau meant when he said, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

I'm living the life I've imagined, and I'm going to continue to imagine everyday. Life is full of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you