"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Friday, July 2, 2010

467/miles

day one.

i woke up this morning still feeling a bit over stimulated from last night's class and potluck. it was an amazing turn out. wow! 52 people in class. we focused on transitions-- the space and movement between the poses. a lot more people showed up for the potluck. the food was awesome. saying good bye is difficult for me. you'd think that after years of moving and living on the road that i would have developed a way of doing it that doesn't completely exhaust and torture me.

the hardest good-bye, however, was saying good-bye to knavin. i drove to the lotus pond on my way out of town. it was raining and the air was thick with humidity. i walked to knavin's grave and sat with him for a little while. i cried long and hard. i had a strong sense that he was there with me. as i walked away i could feel him following me like he always did. no matter where i'd go he would always follow me. i looked back over my shoulder expecting to see him standing there with those big brown magical eyes glowing back at me.


i stopped at abby's natural foods store on my way out of town to get some lunch and snacks for the road. it was a spectacular day to travel-- cool with mostly cloudy skies. i made it all the way to atlanta. i arrived at my friend bill's house a little after 7. stretched. met the kitty-- shakti. made some tea. and then unloaded my truck to re-organize. somehow i ended up with a power saw in the passenger seat-- don't ask, and so i decided to rearrange the backseat of the truck so the power saw isn't sitting next to me for the next 2 weeks and 1,500 miles.

bill is in california right now so i have the place to myself until tomorrow late evening when i pick him up at the airport. i am going to hibernate, read and take some time to ease into my new life on the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you