"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Friday, July 16, 2010

THREE/things

most of my family was there waiting for me when i arrived at my folks house in honey brook, pa including my nieces and grand-nieces (yes, that's right, GRAND-nieces): makayla - 3, kaylee - 2, shawna - 2, haley - 1. within 5 minutes after arriving i opened the lid of my costume box and watched as my nieces faces went from skeptical and shy to completely bedazzled and excited! imagine what the must have thought when their uncle spanky arrived with a unicorn box full the most fabulous sparkly, fluffy, and frilly things they'd ever seen. they strung it out all over the driveway and lawn trying on hats and skirts and scarves and nail polish. but my nieces weren't the only ones who got caught up in the magic. my younger brother, shawn, got swept away, too! (see picture below).

three things to note: 1. my family calls me spanky. that name was given to me when i was about 10 years old. my nieces call me uncle spanky. that name is reserved for my family so don't get any ideas. 2. in case you are wondering yes my costume box is one of the most important things i fit into the backseat of my truck along with my disco ball, star machine and collection of BUTT magazines (don't ask). 3. i am very happy to announce that the power saw, which was on the passenger seat when i left tampa, is now back home with my papa so i am now officially without weapon. amen.

shawn | my younger brother


makayla | my oldest grand niece




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you