"Dance until you shatter yourself." -Rumi

Saturday, July 3, 2010

BLOODY/apple

i am stranded at the apple store in alphretta, georgia babysitting my computer while all the data is transferred from my old computer to my new computer. estimated time: 2hrs 48mins. let me backtrack. you see, i purchased a macbook pro just a week before hitting the road, which is another long story in and of itself. the slick new computer arrived in the mail some two days before my departure. but there was a snafu. i can't go into the details without falling back into the hole of rage. let me just say that it was an absolutely ridiculous disintegration of apple's used-to-be impeccable customer service. their inability to be of any help sustained over a long period of time caused a disintegration in my own ability to maintain a sense of control, and i found myself screaming bloody murder to the woman on the phone demanding that she put someone on the phone who could help me even if she had to wake up steve jobs! there were other things said. it was ugly. she was trained well and continued to be like a very nice robot. 1hr 27mins on the phone and nothing got resolved.

since the recent announcement that apple made more money than microsoft this year there has been a downgrade in apple's charm. now they are king of the mountain. they've lost their unique underdog status. po' shame. i've always liked apple because they were cutting edge, creatively elite, and popular among the smart, geeky, bohemian kids. that is all different now. there has now been a gentrification of what was such an extraordinary counter-culture. again, po' shame.

1hr 15mins left. my back is hurting. i feel like a caged animal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sacred Tremor

Sacred Tremor
discover what moves you